Wednesday 2 November 2011

A Weekend in The Lakes

So, this past weekend (29th to 31st October) I went up to The Lake District. We stayed in this gorgeous cottage/barn conversion in this REALLY out-of-way village called Kirkland. The cottage had a log burner and a balcony! (You can't get much better than that, right?!) Some pictures (you'll have to excuse the bad quality, I only had my phone on me):




The fire lit:

And, of course, being a Illustration for Children's Publishing student, you can't not go to The Lakes, and not visit The World of Beatrix Potter attraction. So, of course I had to go. (I've been many times, but it's always nice to go again).





We also went to visit the Beatrix Potter Gallery on the Monday, but get this right! It closed the day before and isn't open again until February 2012!! So I was quite annoyed at that! Anyway, after visiting The World of Beatrix Potter on the Saturday, and spending the weekend up The Lakes, what better film was there to come on television, but Miss Potter! So that was how I spent my Sunday night, watching Miss Potter, and falling in love with her drawings all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment